Commercial                                          Energy Performance Certificate FROM £95

An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rates how energy efficient your building is using grades from A to G (with ‘A’ the most efficient grade). However, with minimum energy efficiency standards being introduced (MEES), property will only be re-let or sold if that EPC rating E or above is acheived. In order to prevent loss of income or delays, please contact us so that we can provide you with reliable advice and guidance.


When you need an EPC?


You must have an EPC if you are selling, renting or building a commercial property, please see below for any exemptions. This must be provided to any prosoective proprieter at the earlist opportunity, before viewing or marketing property.


Exceptional circumstances where a property does not require a Commercial EPC:


EPC is not required on construction, sale or rent for:

places of worship;

Temporary buildings with a planned time of use less than two years;
stand alone (entirely detached) buildings with a total useful floor area of less than 50m2 that are not dwellings;

industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings with low energy demand;

On sale or rent for buildings due to be demolished


EPC is valid for 10 years

Get social with us.

Abode Building Surveyors
Office B
Breck Road 31
Poulton-Le-Fylde , Lancashire FY6 7AA
Phone: 01253 987616 01253 987616
E-mail address:
Print | Sitemap
© Abode Building Surveyors RICS Accredited Surveyors RICS Registered Valuer